November’s the time of year meant for appreciated your friends and family and thinking about all the things for which you’re most grateful. If you’ve been invited to celebrate Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving at someone else’s home this year, don’t forget to show your appreciation with a thoughtful hostess gift. At Rose Hill Flowers, serving Nashville and the surrounding areas, our florists have compiled a creative list of hostess gift ideas.
Find a Great Gift for Your Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving Host
A hostess gift is a traditional way to thank your host for his or her hospitality and invitation. Even if you’re invited to a potluck-style dinner, you should still bring a gift. After all, it’s a lot of work to organize and plan a get together in addition to preparing one’s home, kitchen, and table for guests. Say thank you the politest way possible, with a hostess gift.
Friendsgiving is just like Thanksgiving but celebrated with friends instead of family. It’s usually scheduled for the Wednesday before or after Thanksgiving and is less formal than traditional Thanksgiving dinner. In other words, fun’s always on the table, and you should feel free to have fun choosing a gift for your hostess.
- A game to play after dinner
- Fuzzy socks to warm your friend’s toes
- A full-on festive floral centerpiece to get everyone in the mood for a feast
- Bath bombs to help your friend unwind after hosting
- Kitschy oven mitts or a holiday trivet
- Candles that smell like the best slice of the season (pie)
- Comical fridge magnets
2. Thanksgiving with Your In-Laws
Nature’s Palette Centerpiece
Whether you’ve known your in-laws for ages or will be meeting your spouse’s parents for the first time at Thanksgiving, it’s important not to arrive empty-handed. They’re not only welcoming you into their home but into their family and holiday traditions. Select a tastefully elegant gift to show your appreciation for them.
- A sunny and unique take on an autumn floral arrangement
- A stylish cheeseboard with cheese knives and markers
- Whiskey stones and a bottle of locally distilled spirits
- A nice bottle of wine paired with an aerator or set of wine glass charms
- A sleek essential oil diffuser with a seasonal scent
- A culinary sampler of sea salts
- A box of gourmet macarons or chocolates
3. Thanksgiving with Your Family
If you’re planning to spend Thanksgiving with your family at your parents’ or grandparents’ home, you should still bring a gift. Show your appreciation with something they’ll enjoy or something that’ll make everyone’s holiday even better.
- A set of festive serving utensils since they’re always needed at dinner
- An activity for the kids, like a not-too-messy craft project
- Hydrating hand soap to make sure no one catches any unwanted bugs
- Decorative kitchen towels
- New toys for the household pets
- Sparkling cider, so everyone has something special to sip at dinner
- Gourmet coffee to brew after dinner
The Perfect Gift for Anyone This Season
If you’re still not sure what to bring your host, we recommend choosing a potted plant, centerpiece, or fall flowers for your holiday host. These items never go out of style and are appropriate for any host. Fresh, beautiful seasonal flowers fit perfectly with all of the other customs and traditions of Thanksgiving.
We welcome you to stop by Rose Hill Flowers for personalized recommendations for hostess gifts this year. We’ll help you make the perfect selections.