Everything You Need to Know About Giving Flowers to Someone in the Airport by the flower experts at Rose Hill Florist, Nashville’s premier floral shop.
If you know you’re taking flowers with you to greet a loved one at the airport, then you’re already way ahead of the game than most others. Some people don’t put any thought or effort into picking someone up from the airport, other than driving and maybe carrying a bag or two. But if you’re picking up a loved one who you haven’t seen in a while and have really missed, then show them how much you care by giving them a bouquet of fresh, beautiful flowers upon their arrival. Remember, though, not just any flowers will do. If you’re putting in the effort to give a fresh bouquet of blooms, then make sure the types of flowers, colors, and meaning are spot-on for the person you’re giving them to. Read below for tips on which flowers you should get for greeting a loved one and more inspired ideas to make your reunion memorable.
Greeting Loved Ones with the Language of Flowers
Fresh Flowers for Friends
Presenting flowers to your friends is a way to honor your friendship with happiness, cheer, and joy. Therefore, choosing a floral bouquet with blooms that signify these things and more, are perfect for a proper airport greeting. Look at a few fresh favorites and their symbols.
- Alstroemeria – Friendship and Optimism
- Chrysanthemums – “You’re a wonderful friend”
- Geraniums – True Friendship
- Iris – “Your friendship means so much to me”
- Yellow Roses – Friendship and Joy
- Yellow Tulips – Friendship and Cheerfulness
- Zinnias – “Never forget absent friends”
Romantic Blooms for Significant Others
When you reunite with your significant other at the airport, a wave of relief comes over you as the longing for your love is lifted. When words are not enough to say, “I missed you” or “I love you,” turn to these truly romantic blooms to help do the talking.
- Dahlia – Excitement and Lasting Bond
- Forget-Me-Not – “True love memories”
- Roses – Romance, Passion, and Love
- Honeysuckle – “The bond of love”
- Lavender – Enchantment and Love at First Sight
- Pink Camellia – Longing and often given to those we miss
- Red Chrysanthemums – “I love you”
- Stocks – Bonds of Affection and Happy Life
Meaningful Petals for Family
Whether you are welcoming out-of-town family members or bringing them back home, there are many flowers that are sure to warm their hearts. A charming hello that expresses how much you have missed them, love them, or are grateful for their visit can be said with these ideal flowers.
- Hydrangea – Sincerely Heartfelt and Gratitude
- Orange Tulips – Warmth
- Peach Roses – Missing Someone
- Pink Carnations – Gratitude and a Mother’s Undying Love
Cheerful Flowers for Any Traveler/Visitor
If you cannot decide what type of flowers and blooms are best to greet your guests with after a long flight, find something uplifting that symbolizes your joy and happiness for their company or a simple “welcome.” As you continue your search, take into consideration some of these popular classics.
- Baby’s Breath – Happiness
- Calla Lilies – Rejuvenation, Classy Style, and Luxurious Appeal
- Gerbera Daisies – Cheerfulness and Loyal Love
- Pink Roses – Appreciation, Joy, and Gratitude
- Safflowers – Welcome
- Sunflowers – Happiness
- Sweet Pea – “Thank you,” Bliss, Pleasure, and a great way to bid someone “farewell” after a wonderful visit
- Wisteria – Welcome
- Yellow Lily – Gratitude
Related Meanings of Colors
In addition to a specific flower’s meaning, the colorful hues of these eye-catching and inspiring blooms also tell a story. If you know which flower your guest loves most or want something simple, try expressing yourself through the colors of flower petals. Keep in mind these stunning and timeless pigments.
- Light Pink – Admiration
- Peach – Gratitude
- Pink – Gratitude and Appreciation
- Red – Passion, Love, and Romance
- Yellow – Joy and Friendship
Make your loved 0ne feel extra special when they arrive at the airport and express yourself with lush floral bouquets.