This special pendant necklace shows off a large amethyst, gold, and silver opal glass cabochon that we think represents the apex of Czech glassworkers’ craft. Its makers combined canes of purple and gold glass with tiny pieces of silver foil over a lampworking flame and then hand-pressed the molten glass into the oval mold.
In this necklace, the glass cabochon hangs from a small, hand-carved, sew-through antique ocean pearl button. These small dark pearl buttons were produced in great variety and every one is unique and so will not be identical to the image.
In this piece:
- Large lampworked and hand-pressed opal cabochon, made in mid-century Czechoslovakia
- Antique hand-carved dark ocean pearl button, circa 1900
- Stamped brass setting and swag made in vintage dies in the USA, set with tiny hematite glass
- Small brass-plated pewter two-ring setting
- Czech amethyst glass bead chain
- Length is 16” with a 4” extender
Gift options available at checkout